Thursday, July 12, 2012

Signs

Did you ever wonder if someone is trying to get your attention? Did lots of alike things suddenly start happening in a row that made you go "Hmmm.."?

Let me give you an example.

First, the air in our van went out. Well, that was fine because it was going into winter and nobody cared.

Then we moved. That went okay. Nothing major lost or damaged.

But then another car went on the blink.

And then the microwave started acting funny.

And THEN it was like the oven was suddenly posessed and instead of turning off kept getting hotter and hotter until I was afraid the house would catch on fire.

So I flipped the breaker and the problem was gone, for now.

While all of this is going on, I have had this sudden urge to pray more. I've even thought about setting up an altar or a specific prayer place, which I've not done before. Usually I pray whenever and wherever. But this time seems different.

Do you think someone is trying to get my attention? I wonder what he wants? Has this ever happened to you?



Photo credit

4 comments:

  1. Terri,

    I understand where you're coming from. At my house, the bedroom ceiling fell and the transmission in the car decided to go. So Today I have to figure out how work and doctor appointments are going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be right. When stuff like this happens to anyone, it's usually for a purpose. I don't have any idea what the point of all this is though. Just wait. God will show you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always Terri, That's why it is so important to stay aware of what God is revealing to us. He will always give us signs. He loves us so much that it hurts him when we stray. I feel lost when I don't spend lots of time in prayer. I invite any of you to visit my three sites: www.hopeinjesus.homestead.com or
    www.birthmothersunite.com
    www.bmubirthmothersunite.blogspot.com

    Love your blogs. Lucy Franklin, CPAC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls for the validation. I'd like to think that none of this has to do with me.. you know, like God's trying to get someone ELSE's attention. But it usually has something to do with me.... {{sigh}}

    ReplyDelete